Brexit Hub

Updated 2nd August, 2021

Brexit Hub - Creating opportunity from uncertainty

Welcome to MS Amlin’s Brexit Hub.

On this site you will find relevant and up to date information on trading with MS Amlin, before and after the UK leaves the European Union (“Brexit”).

Preparing for Brexit.

MS Amlin is in a position to adapt to Brexit, as we have a range of capital solutions that mean our brokers and clients have choices, when trading with us.

From 2019 we will accept business for EU/EEA clients via Lloyd’s, through its Lloyd’s Brussels Subsidiary (LBS), as we have an approved outsourcing agreement with LBS. 

We can also accept business for EU/EEA clients on a direct insured basis, through our insurance company, MS Amlin Insurance S.E. (MS AISE) which is domiciled in Brussels and regulated by the National Bank of Belgium and the Belgian Financial Services and Markets Authority.  MS AISE also has branches in the Netherlands, France, Germany and the UK.

Lloyd’s Part VII Transfer for EU/EEA Policies

Lloyd’s is proposing to transfer certain EEA insurance policies to Lloyd’s Brussels.

The proposed transfer will not change terms and conditions of any policy, except that Lloyd’s Brussels will become the insurer and Data Controller in respect of the transferred policies.

Further information about the proposal (including whether it could affect your pre-transfer position), which policies are transferring, your rights and what you need to do can be found at

Find out more

To understand more about trading with us, as well as finding the answers to some common questions, please click on the links below.

Green cards

There is no longer a requirement for British drivers to carry a Green Card document when using  their vehicle in a European Union member state and certain other countries that are part of the Green Card Free Circulation Zone.

For further information and advice relating to individual countries click here.

It is important to note however that some post Brexit changes remain. A vast majority of countries will require GB sticker to be displayed and some demand the carriage of essential kit such as a warning triangle. Also drivers with paper driving licences, or those with a licence issued in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man may need to obtain an International Driving Permit (IDP), available from the Post Office.

Frequently asked questions