The average colic operation costs in the region of £5,000 or more. Is this something you have budgeted for in your costs of owning a horse?
For a small additional premium per horse, as an extension to your mortality policy we can give colic surgery costs only up to a limit of £5,000 per horse or higher.
Summary of Cover:
- It covers emergency colic surgery costs of the operation under general anaesthetic
- After-care for 15 days from the first surgical procedure
- Transit to and from the veterinary hospital in relation to the colic surgery
- This cover has a deductible for each occurrence of colic
What are the key conditions you should know?
You must, within 30 days of the surgery, provide:
- A report by the veterinary surgeon who operated on the horse detailing the illness and surgical treatment carried out, and
- Copies of all invoices
What isn’t covered
- Surgical procedures unless in a recognised Equine Veterinary Hospital
- Any pre-existing medical conditions
- Any examination, medication or treatment unless in conjunction with the colic surgery
- Any surgical procedure not performed under general anaesthesia
- Any elective or voluntary surgery
- Post-mortem procedures, fees or costs associated with the colic surgery