Summary of Cover:
Provides indemnity in the event of your colt or stallion being rendered permanently and totally impotent, infertile or incapable of serving mares as a result of an accident, injury or disease first occurring and first manifesting itself in the policy period and reported during the period of insurance.
It does not provide indemnity for death, theft or humane destruction of the colt or stallion under this additional cover.
- In the event of any indication that the colt or stallion is or might be impotent, infertile or incapable of serving mares, immediate notice to MS Amlin must be made
- Following notification and after the expiry of the policy, claims can be considered by the appointment of 2 veterinary surgeons – one being an MS Amlin nominated vet, the other nominated by the insured
- In the event of a dispute or uncertainty, a panel of 3 veterinary surgeons will be formed – the third vet being mutually agreed by the 2 original veterinary surgeons
- In the event of a claim paid under this endorsement, MS Amlin shall take undisputed ownership of the colt or stallion
- With the normal veterinary certificate we require for mortality insurance, your vet will also need to certify that the colt or stallion’s genitalia
arenormal size, location and consistency.