Summary of Cover:
Unsoundness of Wind covers horses insured, that during the following year, are then sold at public auction and subsequently returned due to Wind problems in accordance with the Conditions of Sale of the respective sales company.
Public auctions that are applicable for this cover are:
- Messrs. Tattersalls Ltd. and/or Tattersalls (Ireland) Ltd
- Goffs Bloodstock Sales Ltd
- Doncaster Bloodstock Sales Ltd
- Arqana (Deauville)
Limit of Liability
This is limited to 75% of the Fall of Hammer price including any commission due to the auctioneers.
In respect of any horse not purchased at public auction we will require a proposal form to be completed at the inception of this insurance and coverage hereunder shall be based on the information contained in this proposal, the truth of such information being expressly warranted by the Insured.
- It is warranted that a horse proposed for insurance as not been endoscopically examined, or if it has the certified results are declared to us at inception.
- All horses owned by a client and being offered for sale must be proposed for insurance, unless specifically agreed otherwise.
- Any claim payment will result in 100% ownership of the horse by the Underwriters.