What does it cover
There are plenty of things that can go wrong when chartering a vessel – from lost cargo and hull damage, to passenger, crew or third party injuries. Our product is designed to cover you for those matters which may go wrong, but more importantly we are there to assist you. You may rely on us to try and prevent that matters go wrong and if they already went wrong to mitigate its effects.
Charterers’ Liability cover is specifically designed for operators, freight forwarders, traders, manufacturers, offshore and windmill industry and any other party chartering a vessel to carry cargo or assist in a project.
Why choose us?
- Financial security
Although we always aim to build your cover around your business, Charterers’ Liabilities generally fall under three broad categories:
- Loss of or damage to the chartered vessel: including damage caused by stevedores, an unsafe berth/port or use of the wrong fuel.
- Liability to cargo including loss, damage, late delivery or wrong delivery to the incorrect port.
- Other marine liability risks: including death, injury or illness suffered by the crew or third parties, collision, pollution, salvage or fines.
Additional product options
Lead Class Underwriter
Bianca te Poele
Lead Class Underwriter Charterers' Liability
Joost van der Graaf
Underwriter Special Craft and Charterers’ Liability
Valery van der Sommen
Head of P&I Asia
Country Manager Germany
Cargo Liability & Cargo
Cargo & Cargo Liability
- Policy wording Charterers' Liability, version 1/2022
- Summary of amendments to Policy Wording C/L, version 1/2022
- Policy wording Charterers' Liability, version 1/2021
- Summary of amendments to Policy Wording C/L, version 1/2021
- Policy wording Charterers' Liability, version 1/2020
- Policy wording Charterers' Liability, version 2/2017