The next schedule will be available once the pandemic situation allows. Below gives you an idea what a normal schedule looked like.
- Insurance & Shipping Course (5 days) 30 March - 3 April 2020
5 - 9 October 2020
The Insurance and Shipping Course is a course providing an introduction to the theoretical and practical aspects of shipping, with
lectures, workshops and on-site visits to the port. The lectures that are scheduled in the program deal with topics like Shipowners’ P&I,
Charterer’s Liability and basic ship knowledge, like risk related vessel types, IMO, class and flag states. This course is particularly aimed
at those who are just starting out their careers in shipping, whether as brokers, underwriters or claim handlers. The on-site visits are an
important part of the course.
- Charterers' Liability Workshop 12 March 2020
24 September 2020
In this workshop we shall examine the matrix of contracts (Sales Contract, Charter Parties, Bills of Lading and Booking Notes), each
dealing with the risk and liabilities of a Charterer. We will explore what is covered by the policy and how this can be tailored to your
- Introduction to Logistic Services Workshop The logistic market is a challenging one. Operators are under pressure to add more value to their services, and become one-stop shops. They are often exposed to a wide range of legal and contractual liability risks and are not always aware of the extent of their liabilities when accepting an order. In this course we will discuss the various services logistic companies can provide and the risks and liabilities they can face. We will also discuss the legal framework that applies, look at Conditions of Carriage, other General Terms & Conditions, special contracts etc. and possible insurance solutions. This workshop will be given in Dutch.
- P&I Workshop
- Offshore contracting Workshop
- Voyage & Time Charter Parties Workshop
- Bills of Lading Workshop
Workshops on a variety of topics can be offered on request, that best match your objectives and needs. Please contact us at MaKC@msamlin.com for possibilities and costs.