Regulatory information about our Boat Insurance

1. The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)

The FCA is the independent watchdog that regulates financial services.

2. Whose product do we offer?

MS Amlin Insurance S.E provides products for:

  • Pleasure Craft Insurance for private use
  • Floating Homes Contents Insurance
  • Commercial Hull & Liability Insurance

In addition we offer Marine Legal Protection Insurance administered by Arc Legal Assistance Ltd and underwritten by MS Amlin Insurance S.E.

MS Amlin Insurance S.E are licensed by the National Bank of Belgium and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority.

3. Which service will we provide you with?

We are unable to provide you with any advice or a recommendation regarding the products listed above and you will need to make your own choice as to whether you wish to proceed.

4. What will you have to pay us for our services?

There is no fee for our insurance service.

You will receive a quotation which will tell you about any other fees relating to the insurance policy.

5. Who regulates us?

MS Amlin Underwriting Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.  Our registration number is 312292 and you may check this on the Financial Services Register by visiting or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768.  Our permitted business is Marine General Insurance.

6. Ownership

MS Amlin Underwriting Services Limited is ultimately owned by MS Amlin Limited.

7. What to do if you have a complaint

We take pride in the service provided to you, however, if you are unhappy with any aspect of the handling of your insurance or claim and wish to make a complaint, you can do so at any time.  Please contact MS Amlin Complaints, The Leadenhall Building, 122 Leadenhall Street, London EC3V 4AG.  Tel +44 (0) 20 7746 1300  Email

If your complaint cannot be resolved by MS Amlin Complaints within 8 weeks, or if you have not received a response within 8 weeks, you are entitled to refer the matter to the UK Financial Ombudsman Service.  Further information can be found in the policy wording.

If your insurance is “Marine Legal” and you are unhappy with the service that has been provided you may complain to Arc Legal Assistance Ltd, The Gatehouse, Lodge Park, lodge Lane, Colchester C04 5NE and subsequently to the FOS, full details will be provided at the appropriate time.

8. Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)

Please note that Marine types of insurance are not covered by the FSCS.